Saturday, February 8, 2014

It doesn't matter where you begin...

I took this picture a week and a half ago.
It was my new, post-partum starting pic.  And then I made the mistake of comparing it to my last few before pregnancy and it triggered a depressed, self-sabotaging binge spiral during which I've gained an additional 4 pounds.

I've really been struggling with wondering why I should even bother.  I *adore* my son, but it's been so frustrating to watch my hard work disappear as I just stand there helpless.  So I've wallowed.  And I'm good at wallowing.  Problem with that, though, is that it's hard to get out sometimes.

On Wednesday I was going through the $1 section at Michael's when I saw a stamp that said "It doesn't matter where, just begin."  I wasn't in a place to just jump on it right away, but I've been letting it percolate.

It doesn't matter that I am no longer where I was before.  It doesn't matter where you begin...just do it.

Just begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment