Saturday, February 16, 2013

I finished.

3 weeks ago Husband come home with a copy of EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii for me.  I decided to try it out.  I quit halfway through the workout.  I had the excuses of needing to make dinner (it could have waited another 15 minutes) and I couldn't breathe (kind of a big issue....), but in the end, I quit.

So today I tried a workout of equivalent intensity/duration.  It helps that I remembered I have an inhaler (it had been prescribed because I had a bad cough that looked like it was heading toward pneumonia, but it's useful when my lungs stop working during exercise as well), but that didn't cure everything.  There was a point (about the same moment in the workout, actually) where I had to stop and focus on my breathing and I was really tempted to just stop.  But I didn't.  I gave myself that minute and then I kept going.  There was a lot of chanting "You can do this," and focusing on just one movement and then the next, but I kept going.

And I finished.

Honestly, physically, I feel like crap. My lungs hurt. I can't take a deep breath. My knee is killing me.  And because I used my inhaler, my head hurts.  But, I finished. And the accomplishment I feel is worth feeling like crap right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment